RE: specifying fields from input file

Hi Curtis,

I tried calling getData() on a FancySSCell and then passing that and a newly
constructed vector to hold the resulting scalar types into the call to
getScalarTypes() (as you suggested). However, in the printout of the scalar
types, I only get time, row, col, height, U, and V. No matter how many times
I run my program, these are always the input fields and altitude, latitude,
longitude, or W never appear as "map from" fields. So the values that the
input fields are mapped to change as expected, but the input fields
themselves are always the same. Printed to screen:

mpas[0] is ScalarMap: Time -> DisplayRGBA

maps[1] is ScalarMap: row -> DisplayValue

maps[2] is ScalarMap: col -> DisplayCyan

maps[3] is ScalarMap: Height -> DisplayYAxisOffset

maps[4] is ScalarMap: U -> DisplayRGBA

maps[5] is ScalarMap: row -> DisplayBlue

maps[6] is ScalarMap: col -> DisplaySaturation

maps[7] is ScalarMap: Height -> DisplayYellow

maps[8] is ScalarMap: V -> DisplayRadius

maps[9] is ScalarMap: row -> DisplayZAxis

If I imported small.v5d as the input data file and tried to determine the
scalar values of input fields, do you know why the input fields of altitude,
latitude, longitude, or W never show up especially since I'm randomizing the
intial mappings including input fields?

                public void setCellMapping(int width, int height) throws
VisADException, RemoteException {

                        int fields = theJgapAPI.field_count;
//used as arg to getMappingForCell()
                        int cell_number = (width + (4 * height));
//used as arg to getMappingForCell()

                        ScalarMap[] theMaps = new ScalarMap[fields];
//array that will be passed into setMaps()

                        Data[] myData
mySS.DisplayCells[width][height].getData();
                        Vector myVector = new Vector(10); //capacity = 10
because there are 10 input fields in small.v5d
                        int useless = DataUtility.getScalarTypes(myData,
myVector, true, false);  //will setup the myVector structure holding input
fields scalar types

                        for (int i = 0; i < fields; i++) {
                                int assignment
theJgapAPI.getMappingForCell(cell_number, i);
                                DisplayRealType mapTo
mappings[assignment];
                                RealType mapFrom = (RealType)
myVector.get(i);
                                theMaps[i] = new ScalarMap(mapFrom, mapTo);
        }
                mySS.DisplayCells[width][height].setMaps(theMaps);

        }

Thanks,
Michelle

Michelle Kam           (408) 742-2881
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co. SSM/ATC/MSIS
B/153 O/L922
1111 Lockheed Martin Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94089