RE: VisAD threading problems [potential sol'n]

  • To: "Bill Hibbard" <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: VisAD threading problems [potential sol'n]
  • From: "Ian Graham" <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:05:24 -0600
Forgot to attach the file, so here it is.

//
// VisADCanvasJ2D.java
//

  public void run() {
    Thread me = Thread.currentThread();
    while (renderThread == me) {
      timeout = false;
//      if (component != null) {
//        Graphics g = getGraphics();
//        if (g != null) {
//          paintComponent(g);
//          g.dispose();
//        }
//      }
//      else {
//        paintComponent(null);
//      }
      repaint();

      try {
        synchronized (this) {
          if (!wakeup) {
            if (timeout) {
              wait(1000);
            }
            else {
              wait();
            }
          }
        }
      }
      catch(InterruptedException e) {
        // note notify generates a normal return from wait rather
        // than an Exception - control doesn't normally come here
      }
      synchronized (this) {
        wakeup = false;
      }