Re: your mail

Do you know the size (# samples in x and y) of the image/texture map that is trying to be displayed? There is an OpenGL-related issue on Windows (and perhaps other platforms) in that if the data is displayed with texture mapping (as you might with an image) and has a dimension larger than a hardware-dependent value, then it displays has a flat white or gray square. On my machine, the limit is 1024; one other machine we have here, it's 512.

The only solution I know of for the time being is to resample the data to a smaller number of samples.

tom

Kam, Michelle C wrote:

Hi Curtis,

I'm actually using JCreator only to edit, but I'm compiling on the command
line and typing in java -mx512m visad.ss.SpreadSheet to run it on the
command line. I also tried adding the line

DisplayCells[0][0].setDim3D();

right before
DisplayCells[0][0].addDataSource("D:\\visad\\data\\small.v5d",
BasicSSCell.URL_SOURCE);

but I'm still getting the plain flat white square in the cell.

Michelle Kam           (408) 742-2881
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co. SSM/ATC/MSIS
B/153 O/L922 1111 Lockheed Martin Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94089