Re: your mail

The most likely cause is that you need to "escape" the "\" marks in your
path:

DisplayCells[0][0].addDataSource("D:\visad\unzipped\visad\ss\small.v5d");

should probably be written as:

DisplayCells[0][0].addDataSource("D:\\visad\\unzipped\\visad\\ss\\small.v5d");

While not all sequences beginning with "\" have alternate meanings, many of them do.

tom

Kam, Michelle C wrote:

Hi Curtis,

My GO button now appears, but when I click on it, I expect the image
small.v5d to appear in the top left cell. However, instead of the image
showing up in the cell, I get these errors in the cell:

A1d1: Variable "Data" has no value
"small" has no value
"v5d" has no value
could not evaluate binary operator "."
could not evaluate binary operator "/"

I made sure small.v5d was in D:\visad\unzipped\visad\ss as well as
D:\visad\data and changed my code to try out both paths:

        public void loadMyDataSet() throws VisADException, RemoteException {
        try {
DisplayCells[0][0].addDataSource("D:\visad\unzipped\visad\ss\small.v5d");
         //DisplayCells[0][0].addDataSource("d:/visad/data/small.v5d");
        }
                catch (VisADException exc) {
        System.out.println("Could not load file small.v5d into the
SpreadSheet");
        }
        catch (RemoteException exc) {
        System.out.println("Could not load file small.v5d into
spreadsheet");
                }
}

But I still get the same error message in the cell. I also see A1d1:
data/small.v5d appearing in the top bar next to "add" and "delete" which
should really be D:\visad\unzipped\visad\ss\small.v5d so I'm wondering why
it keeps looking in that directory instead of the one that I specified in
SpreadSheet.java. I checked my classpath to make sure that it would read my
re-compiled files by putting visad.jar at the end.

classpath:
D:\visad\unzipped;D:\visad\unzipped\visad;D:\jgap-1.0-RC1\src;D:\visad;D:\lv
is\lib;D:\VisADJython\jre\lib;D:\apache-ant-1.5.3-1\lib;C:\Java\j2re1.4.1_03
;D:\Java\j2re1.4.1_03\lib\rt.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.1_03;C:\j2sdk1.4.1_03\lib;D:\ap
ache-ant-1.5.3-1\bin;D:\JUnit\junit3.8.1;D:\JUnit\junit3.8.1\junit\tests\fra
mework;D:\visad\unzipped\visad\ss;D:\visad\visad_src-2.0.jar;D:\VisADJython\
visad.jar

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks for your help,
Michelle

Michelle Kam           (408) 742-2881
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Co. SSM/ATC/MSIS
B/153 O/L922 1111 Lockheed Martin Way, Sunnyvale, CA 94089