Re: P5_10 problem

Guangdi Li wrote:

> Hi, Mr. Whittaker
>
> Please try this IP address to download. It is the one I am using.
>
> http://weather.jsums.edu/~coamps/hurricane_dennis/cros_epot_wind_0901.gif

This image is a multi-frame GIF image (also known as an "animated GIF"), which I do not believe can be animated by itself in VisAD -- but perhaps Curtis can comment on that.

I tested this using PythonVisAD:

a=load("http://weather.jsums.edu/~coamps/hurricane_dennis/cros_epot_wind_0901.gif";)
plot(a)

and got (apparently) the first frame in the animated GIF displayed. The Exception you sent along before appears to indicate that the file is not a GIF image -- perhaps if you moved it to your local computer, it was not downloaded in binary? I cannot think of other possibilities right now. Sorry.

Beyond that, I was able to produce an animation using the P5_10 code you sent, plus the file above, plus one of my own (P5_10 requires at least two files), and it animated just fine.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison