From: Curtis Rueden [mailto:curtis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 5:48 AM
To: Kam, Michelle C
Subject: RE: your mail

Hi Michelle,

The steps you've taken should be sufficient to add a new button
to the SpreadSheet, assuming you've also added a GO.gif icon for
that button (if not, you would receive a NullPointerException
from within javax.swing.ImageIcon).

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps when you execute
"java visad.ss.SpreadSheet", it could be running a different
version of the application.  This could occur (I think) if you
have a CLASSPATH that includes visad.jar before other folders
that contain your modified version of the SpreadSheet.

Or perhaps you are running "java -jar visad.jar" to execute the
SpreadSheet, in which case it would use the SpreadSheet.class
file within visad.jar instead of your recompiled version.

-Curtis