Re: Extreme memory usage

Hi Ben,

_From the code you sent I can't tell why Java is using 300 MB.
I don't know how many samples in your Sets or what Set class
you are using, I don't know the value of _plotCountTotal, and I
don't now whether you are using DisplayImplJ2D or DisplayImplJ3D.
Is there only one DisplayImpl? Java3D is hungry for memory. It
is also true that VisAD uses some temporary memory in computing
its data depictions (not as much as it used to, thanks to recent
work by Jeff McWhirter). However, if really know the sizes of
all the things involved in a display, then we can usually
understand memory use.