Transform an object.

I'm trying to modify the TestStereo example to add a Transform3D to move
the object a bit farther from the viewer.  The example code uses
DisplayImpl.addMap, and all the geometry magically appears.

What I'd like to do, is get ahold of the Group Node that the ScalarMaps
are added to, and insert a TransformGroup between the Group Node and the
root node (the Locale)?  Is there a way to get ahold of the scene graph?

I _have_ modified TestStereo to use the DisplayImpl3d constructor that
takes an instance of VisADCanvasJ3D so I could get ahold of the View and
change the PhysicalBody to adjust stereo eye separation and
EyeOffsetFromScreen.  But stereo separation is also effected by
ViewPlatform position and object distance to origin.  I'd like to change
both of these using a Transform3D.

I'm a newbie - please feel free to point out that I've wandered off into
the weeds yet again...

Cheers,
Chris

Christopher Moore                email: Christopher.Moore@xxxxxxxx
Research Scientist, Oceanography                 tel: 206.526.6779
University of Washington/JISAO/NOAA-PMEL         fax: 206.526.6744