Re: Color table from TextAdapter

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Don Murray wrote:

> . . .  Although Bill doesn't officially endorse it,
> there is a setFunction method of BaseColorControl. . . .

Well, I wrote setFunction() as part of my original
design for ColorControl, so that's a sort of endorsement.
However, it is true that I suggest that folks prefer
setTable(), simply because it is more commonly used
and hence more thoroughly tested.

> So, you
> maybe could define your text file to be a FlatField of
> (index -> (r, g, b)) and then use the setFunction method.
> (I'll let you work out the format of the file. ;-))
> I think Donna Gresh has used this method successfully.

That sounds like a reasonable motive for using setFunction().