Re: GraphicsModeControl.setPointSize with a DisplayImplJ3D under win2k

Greg-

Howell, Greg wrote:
I'm running VisAD under linux, solaris, and now windows --- the only problem
I'm having is that calls to setPointSize seem to be ignored under windows.
e.g. in Test35.java the points look fine on the 2d display but are apparently
of size 1 on the 3d display.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I suspect you are using the DirectX version of Java 3D.
Point size didn't used to work under this.  I've also
recently found that LineWidth has no effect under the
DirectX version.

Only solution I can think of is to use the OpenGL version
of Java 3D.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm