Re: UnionSet and Animation

Hi,

> > I have a UnionSet of Gridded3DSets like the DelaunayTest.java example.
But I have one UnionSet for each time stamp. How would I animate all the
UnionSets?

> Instead of combining your Gridded3DSets in a UnionSet,
> put each Gridded3DSet as a different range sample of a
> FieldImpl, with a domain Set that lists the time of each
> Gridded3DSet.
>
> If your Gridded3DSet have MathType 'Set(x, y)', for
> example, then your FieldImpl will have MathType:
>
>   (Time -> Set(x, y))
>
> You should use either Linear1DSet (if your times are in
> arithmetic progression) of Gridded1DDoubleSet for your
> times. See Test03.java and Test18.java in visad/examples
> for examples of how to set time values in Sets. Note the
> need for double precision to encode date and time in a
> single value.

This is the code that I have written ...

 RealType[] time = {RealType.Time};
 RealTupleType time_type = new RealTupleType(time);
 RealTupleType xyz = new RealTupleType(x, y, z);
 Gridded3DSet[] gsp = new Gridded3DSet[2];

 FunctionType time_samples = new FunctionType(time_type,xyz);

 DateTime base = new DateTime(1999, 122, 57060);
 double start = base.getValue();
 Set time_set = new Linear1DSet(time_type, start, start + 3000.0, ntimes1);

 FieldImpl sequence = new FieldImpl(time_samples, time_set);

 float[][] samples1 = new float[3][6];
 samples1[0][0] = 291;
 samples1[1][0] = 24;
 samples1[2][0] = 255;

 samples1[0][1] = 190;
 samples1[1][1] = 92;
 samples1[2][1] = 217;

 samples1[0][2] = 261;
 samples1[1][2] = 521;
 samples1[2][2] = 232;

 samples1[0][3] = 275;
 samples1[1][3] = 943;
 samples1[2][3] = 282;

 samples1[0][4] = 276;
 samples1[1][4] = 1051;
 samples1[2][4] = 252;

 samples1[0][5] = 273;
 samples1[1][5] = 1460;
 samples1[2][5] = 283;

 gsp[0] = new Gridded3DSet(xyz, samples1,6);
 FlatField anim = new FlatField(time_samples,gsp[0]); *****
 sequence.setSample(1,anim);

The error I get is:
Exception in thread "main" visad.SetException: FieldImpl: set dimension 3
and type dimension 1 don't match for the line *****
FlatField anim = new FlatField(time_samples,gsp[0]);

I am wondering what is happening ... I might have made a very big mistake
somewhere but I really could not figure out putting the Gridded3DSet in
FlatField. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Jay