Re: changing the number os samples in a VisAD display

Hello Amaral,

Amaral wrote:

how can a user change the number of samples in a X-Y display.I have tryed a modified version o RangeWidget with no success. May someone help me? thanks. amaral

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you mean how to
increase the number of samples in your field, then you'll have to
recreate the field.

(From what I know, once you create a field, you can't change the
number of samples in it).

For example, if you have a function type: (x)--->(y), and you
have the following samples { (0,0), (1,10), (2,20) } and you want
to add the points { (3,30), (4,40) }, you will have to:

- create a new array of length 5 with the domain values: { 0,1,2,3,4 }
- create a new domain set with this array
- create a new field using this new domain set
- set the samples in the new field to { 0,10,20,30,40 }

Hope this helps,
Jim.
---
Jim Koutsovasilis,