Re: DisplayEvent not emulating central click

Bill:

If the issue is that when both buttons are pressed/released, there is no "MOUSE_RELEASED_CENTER" event, I can confirm this (Windows 2000, JRE 1.3.1). I hadn't paid much attention to this until I was working on the "HandlePickEvent" class for Python, where I found only RIGHT and LEFT_RELEASED Id's being returned.

I cannot, however, confirm your CTRL_MASK being set. I just ran some tests, and using event.getInputEvent().isControlDown() always returns 'false', for various combinations of left, right, center...unless I actually hold the CTRL button down while clicking.

I note in passing that the SwingUtilities.isMiddleMouseButton() does not return a 'true' if I press both buttons (on my 2-button mouse)...

tom

Bill Hibbard wrote:
Hi Andres,

I am CC'ing visad-list because I have verified the problem
you noted in your original message. I get a related problem
on my Windows NT system. In my case when I press the center
mouse button, the java.awt.event.AWTEvent, which is also an
InputEvent, has its InputEvent.CTRL_MASK bit set to indicate
that the CTRL key is pressed, even though it isn't.

The behavior you observe, with the coordinates displayed
but no movement, can also be explained by the AWTEvent
having incorrect bits for CTRL and/or SHIFT keys. This looks
like a Java / Windows bug. You might be able to work around
with appropriate calls to MouseHelper.setFunctionMap(). See
visad/examples/Test00.java for an example.