Re: VisAD and SQL databases

Bill Hibbard wrote:
<snip>
Justin and Donna, if one of you or anyone creates such a
SQL interface, we would love to add it to VisAD, or add a
link to the VisAD web page.

Yep, it's a really good idea, but it would be over my head at the moment. :(

One of the things that could *potentially* be tricky is that adding database support can be database dependent unless using a database abstraction layer (i.e. ODBC or JDBC).

Am guessing that Donna's code is probably specific to DB2, but it might make for a decent start point if people are interested. I could *assist* with pointer for PostgreSQL specific stuff if needed, but it's been a while since I've been a voodoo coder.

Does any of this sound helpful?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift