Re: VisAD and SQL databases

Hi Donna,

Cool.

That sounds exactly like what I was asking about.

This would be an extension that's been added by your team? Would it be ok to make it available to others? It sounds like it could be potentially very useful to others using the VisAD infrastructure as well.

Hope I'm not way off the mark here, as VisAD unfamiliar territory to me so far.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Donna L Gresh wrote:

I am using VisAD together with SQL queries to a database. It's really
pretty straightforward; the queries are generated in response to user
actions in the GUI, the returned data set is then used to populate a VisAD
object (like an Irregular2D set), and the VisAD infrastructure
automatically updates the image. It all works quite cleanly within the
VisAD architecture.
Donna

Donna L. Gresh, Ph.D.
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center