Re: ContourFill problems

Doug-

Doug Lindholm wrote:

I reported this before but thought I could work around it. It has since
become a bigger problem.

My filled contours don't behave nicely when I have other data displayed.
Sometimes it looks fine, other times the contoured field goes to all
black (or all white). Toggling the ContourControl.setContourFill false
then true sometimes brings it back fine. Enabling a different
DataRenderer is the typical cause of the contoured field going black.
Contour lines and rendering the same data as an image are always fine.

We have not seen this in the IDV and we use color filled contours
extensively with other display types.  The only thing I've ever
seen weird with these are "funky" displays where portions of
the field are splotchy.  This happens when we run up against
the memory limitations of the machine.

Has anyone else seen this problem with ContourFill? I'm not having much
luck making a reproducible test case.

Are you sharing a color table with another display and perhaps
stomping on it?  Does this happen just on Linux or on all
platforms?

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm