Re: Moving the cube inside a DisplayImplJ3D

Carlos-

Carlos Pleguezuelos wrote:
Hi!! Here I come again!!
I´ve got a few questions, and I believe you will soon answer them, as you always do!! Ok. The first question is if there is a way to move the cube inside the display through the code. The idea is to do something like the "Perspect" buttom of Vis5D: when you press that buttom the cube will move to a position previously define. Can i do it?

You can do this using display.getProjectionControl().resetProjection().
This will move the cube back to the place where it was either
on startup or where ProjectionControl.saveProjection() was called.

You could also add a KeyboardBehavior to your display
which will allow you to reset the display with Ctrl-R.

    DisplayRenderJ3D dr = display.getDisplayRenderer();
    dr.addKeyboardBehavior(new KeyboardBehaviorJ3D(dr));

The second question is more difficult. My application get an image from a web server through the following code:
*                    URL gifURL= Configuration.getGifURL(); *

*                    FlatField image= (FlatField) form.open(gifURL);*

But now Im having problems. An exception is thrown when the "open" method is called, but only when I run the app through IE6 (my application is an applet); when I run it with Netscape 7 or with the appletviewer in Linux no exception is thrown, and all works fine. I dont know what can be wrong. Maybe the problem is due to the version of Java (1.3.1_06). Does anybody have the same problem? How can I solve it?

I have no answer for this, one though.

And that´s all. Thanks again. See you!!

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm