visad Test 14

hi all:

can some one explain exactly how visad\examples\Test14.java is suppose to
work ? i need to understand how the server is suppose to work with the
client side. i tried it and got the message below:

C:\visad\examples>java Test14
Did you run 'rmiregistry &' first?
collaboration server exception: Connection refused to host: 10.35.10.81;
nested exception is:
java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 10.35.10.81; nested
exception is:

i think it was attempting to connect to my host machine 10.35.10.81;
i need some explanation on the rmi registry and how it works.
i may sound very basic , but this will help me understand.

thanks,

Isaac