Re: RAM requirement

maohai-

m huang wrote:

The System Requirement page still says ``It is recommended
that the system have a <b>minimum</b> of 512 MB of RAM free
for IDV use. Performance is significantly better with 1 GB
RAM, or more.''. Should I borther to try it at all on my
machine with 256MB of RAM in total ?

I know Tom answered you on this, but just wanted to
reiterate that it depends on the size of your dataset.
At AGU, I was looking at cross sections of 3 different
parameters and an isosurface of temperature from a
3D ocean dataset of 90x30x15 points (one time) and
the IDV memory registered about 40Mb used.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm