Re: jython interface

what I wish is a a console like above plus a Jython IDE. One
can run commands, edit scripts, and do all the debugging things
like setting break-point and watches. But it will perhaps
remain as a wish for a while because of lack of time/funding/users' voice level asking for such a thing.

I've not looked to far into this, but NetBeans IDE says they have support for Jython:

http://scripting.netbeans.org/

I have used Forte in the past for Java (mostly debugging and GUI building) and am favorably impressed. Other IDE-like things are Jedit and Jext. I've looked at the former in the past, but it does not have debugging capability. For that matter, I don't know if NetBeans has debugging for Jython either...

Also, Jython ships with the Python debugger, pdb. I've played with it some, but never used it "seriously".

tom

--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
University of Wisconsin-Madison