Re: log scale

Isaac-

Brobbey,Isaac wrote:
hi all:

i have a DISPLAY that shows my data points very close to each other.
and as a result tom suggested i use logarithm scale along the x and y axis.
I have studied the example in the Test11.java, but that deals with polar
coordinates.
i am asking if the visad API has a constructor for such a scale;
something like,
if i want to use the log scale for my data (mass,pi), the constructor
details like in Test11.java below:

RealTupleType cartesian = new RealTupleType(x, y); PolarCoordinateSystem polar_coord_sys = new PolarCoordinateSystem(cartesian); thanks:

Look at the visad.LogCoordinateSystem class and the example
at:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/dmurray/LogTest.java

There is no intrinsic logarithmic DisplayRealTypes in VisAD.
I thought about adding them at one time, but you would need
to have 4 different DisplayTupleTypes - one with all axes
logarithmic and one for only one of each of the 3 axes being
a log scale.

However, you could implement your own and use it if you only
wanted one of the axes to be a log scale (and then you could
set the log base to be what you want).

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm