more platform-denpendence? (was Re: Tutorial example: 2-D array pixel position

  • To: Bill Hibbard <hibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: more platform-denpendence? (was Re: Tutorial example: 2-D array pixel position
  • From: m huang <qomo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:37:52 -0800 (PST)
--- Bill Hibbard <hibbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> m huang wrote:
> > by the way, I am using Java SDK1.3.1 on Windows2000 and when I
> > press on the middle mouse button on the plot, the cross and
> > coordinate numbers show but they never change no matter where
> > I drag the mouse or click the middle buton.
> > Any idea as how I get this problem fixed?
>
> We see this sometimes under Windows, the center mouse
> button is somehow not being properly reported under JDK.
> You can press the right and left buttons together to
> simulate the center button, in VisAD.

Thanks! That works. Are there any other known platform dependent
quirks? I have run through the examples but I don't know what
am I supposed to see -- if there is something missing I generally
wouldn't know for sure.

I am still trying to learn VisAD. Here are something (somewhat
random) that I would like to hear explanations and comments about :

With 2D plots (e.g. examples/Test44), if I resize the frame
and then try to move the plot with the mouse, the movement
of the plot is greater/less than the mouse cursor movement
depending on how much I have zoomed. I thought the mouse is
supposed to "drag" the plot so that the plot always moves
the same amount as the cursor does.

With all 3D plots (e.g. Test54), if I resize the display frame,
the background area remains the same size and occupies the
upper left corner of the frame. The plot changes scale, but
only appeat within the unzoomed background, centered somewhere
neither the center of the pre-zoom window nor the after-zoom one.

In visad/browser/viewer_applet.html I need to change
"visad.browser.VisADApplet.class" to "visad.browser.VisADApplet"
to make it work (works on both IE and netscape)