Re: Resource Leak

Doug Lindholm wrote:

> Hi Bill et al,
>
> Adding display.disableAction() does not help in the MemoryTest example.
> However, if the map is to RGB instead of XAxis, disableAction() stops
> the leak.
>
> Is there a good reason why disableAction() stops a RGB map setRange but
> not a XAxis map setRange? I'd like to be able stop this leak with
> disableAction on my non-visible displays.

This happens because the call to ScalarMap.setRange() for
XAxis, YAxis and ZAxis constructs a new AxisScale and adds
it to the Java3D scene graph. The disableAction() only
stops the re-transform of data into scene graph depictions.

It might help to do GraphicsModeControl.setScaleEnable(false)
(I'm not sure, as I haven't tried this) when your display is
not visible.

Probably the best solution is to avoid making changes to
non-visible displays.

Bill