Re: Obscured Menu

Hi John,

This is a heavyweight (3D display) vs. lightweight (JMenu) issue. You
can correct your problem by doing the following before you set up your
GUI:

JPopupMenu.setDefaultLightWeightPopupEnabled( false );
ToolTipManager.sharedInstance().setLightWeightPopupEnabled( false );

Good luck,
Doug

John Osborne wrote:

> I want to add a menubar to the JFrame containing my 3D display. The
> problem is that the menus are obscured by the 3D plot. I can click and
> drag on the menu and verify that the menu items do indeed work--they are
> just invisible. When I don't add my display to the frame, the menubar
> and items showed up properly. Is there a way to have a menubar coexist
> with a display in a JFrame?
>
> oz
> NOAA/PMEL

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |