Re: Newbie radar questions

Monte-

Bill Hibbard wrote:

I assume your radar data are in the self-describing, binary
format of the CEDRIC data analysis program. I'd say your
nest bet will be to use the CEDRIC program to convert its
files to netCDF files. The Unidata folks who created netCDF
also helped create VisAD, and VisAD is very good at reading
netCDF files.

For the IHOP project, we took netCDF files in LLE format
and created a CoordinateSystem to convert LLE -> LLZ.
If you used the output in LLZ directly, there is no
need for the CoordinateSystem.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm