Re: contour colors

Hi Doug-

Doug Lindholm wrote:

I am setting the range. Either way, a contour line (i.e. representing a
contant value) should have a constant color.

I'm attaching an example with and without fill.

The only thing I can think of is that there is some other
ScalarMap that is messing things up, or there is a global
ConstantMap.

I loaded the data into the SpreadSheet and could not reproduce the
problem. I must be doing something funky. Has anyone else seen this
problem?

Only thing I can think of is to print out the Display (which will
list the ScalarMaps) and compare those to what you have set in
the SpreadSheet.

On a related note, I have (x,y,)->z with z mapped to ZAxis and RGB (a 2D
manifold in 3D) and the colors are not consistant. I can understand some
single colored triangles dipping lower than others, but I also see
higher valued colors below (lower Z) than lower values. I was wondering
if this might be related.

I think they are different.  If you turn off textureMapping,
then it looks better (but performance drops to nil).  So in
this case, I would say it is something in the texture mapping
stuff.  Perhaps Tom Rink or Bill (when he returns) can
comment further.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm