Re: Positioning with Display side CoordinateSystem.

Hi again-

Bill Hibbard wrote:

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Don Murray wrote:

Anyway, if there is no simple way, I'll go ahead
and convert the domain to YAxis and use a ConstantMap
for the XAxis position.

Either that or the technique in my previous email
will work. The basic constraint is that Display
spatial locations for a single FlatField cannot
mix DisplayRealTypes from different DisplayTupleTypes.

That's kinda what I thought from the beginning, but
just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
The problem with using a constantmap to SkewTTemp is
that it is a Skew-ed view, so anything mapped to that
is slanted.  So, the only way your previous would work
for me is if it was a direct mapping of T to X rather
than skewed.

Anyway, using a set of Y values for the domain seems
to work nicely:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm/skewtwindsgood.jpg

Using FlatField.resample was a snap to pare down what gets
displayed.

Thanks again for the guidance.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm