Re: 3D Vector plot

There is a 'setRange(min,max)' method for a ScalarMap, so you could
apply this to your 'wMap' object.  Since you're not using a selectrange
widget on the z axis, you can probably eliminate your 'wRangeMap'.

A suggestion:  when initially exploring data visually, the SpreadSheet
is an excellent tool that allows you to interactively set mappings and
ranges.  In fact, there is a "single cell" of the spreadsheet that
Curtis put together for Jython, but that you can easily get at in java
as well, through visad.python.JPythonMethods.plot(Data, false)  'Data'
is your visad data object, and 'false' will prevent it from trying to
guess at your scalar mappings before display (you'll have to bring up
the "mappings" dialog and choose them.  There are several other
signatures for this method that you might want to look at, too...but I
find this one very handy...

tom

--
Tom Whittaker