Re: build MathTyp from a file..

OK.  The amount of time to read the file will be primarily dependent on
the number of lines in the file, and to lesser degree the number of
fields you have on each line.

Are you referring to the amount of time to just read the file, or to
read it and do something with it?

tom

p.s. I'd be happy to look at the file, if you want to send it along.  If
it's very large (> 1MB) then please ftp it to:

ftp://ftp.ssec.wisc.edu/pub/incoming/