names of RealTypes

Hi,

I'm back bugging y'all again.  Are there restrictions
on what the names of RealTypes can be?

If temp is "Reflectivity" in this snippet, things work fine,
but if temp is "Reflectivity00.50", then I get a
visad.FieldException
  FlatField: FunctionType must be Flat        at
visad.FlatField.<init>(FlatField.java:296)

code snippet:
        gatevalue = RealType.getRealType( temp );
        FunctionType func2 = new FunctionType( domainTuple, gatevalue
);
        Set xyzSet = new Gridded3DSet( domainTuple, xyz,
                                       num_radials, num_gates );
        FlatField gate_ff = new FlatField( func2, xyzSet );

thanks
Lak