adding and removing LabeledColorWidget

Hello All,

I have added a LabeledColorWidget onto a JPanel. Depending on which color map the user chooses, I would like to remove the current widget from the panel and add another one in its place. I have been using the following code:

      {
          scaleAllScaleButtonSelect(false);
          JRadioButton tempButton = (JRadioButton)e.getSource();
          tempButton.setSelected(true);
          jPanel1.remove(0);

jPanel1.add(client.getColorWidget(((JRadioButton)e.getSource()).getText()),0);
          jPanel1.repaint();
      }

However, after I remove the first widget the second widget does not appear on my panel. I know it is there because if the actionPerformed is called again, other components will not be removed (at the 0th position of the panel). Is there something about the widget that I need to know about? Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,
john