Re: Java3D 1.3 Objects vanished AND resampling Irregular2DSet

> Hi Desiree,
>
> If you have horizontal layers and look at them from the side,
> it will be hard to see actual information even if you make
> the layers thick - you will just see a sort of horzontal bar,
> sort of like looking at a table edge.

A table edge would be flat. I am interested in a picture where I can see
the run of the profiles. Sorry, I am not good in describing. I want that
it looks similar to the last picture (at the very bottom) in my homepage:

http://www-ipf.bau-verm.uni-karlsruhe.de/Personen/hilbring/welcome.html

It would be nice to fill up the gaps between the "lines", but I guess that
is not easy, so I was just thinking of thicking the "lines".

> There are a bunch of tricks you can play with VisAD to get
> different views of data. Given a terrain surface ((x, y) -> z)
> you can map z to both ZAxis and IsoContour and ask for a
> contour line at a single z level, with a ConstantMap to
> LineWidth for thick lines.

That would give me horizontal contour lines, right? Can I map that to
a combination of (x,y) to get a vertical image?

If you have a terrain layer plus
> multiple hydrogeological layers, you might use ConstantMaps
> to ZAxis to stack them up vertically, and then look at them
> from an oblique angle.

Sorry, I do not understand this idea.

> Or you might have a number of FlatFields with MathTypes:
>
>   ((x, y) -> (zN, layerN))
>
> where each layer is on a terrain surface offset in the z
> direction by a constant amount from the original terrain.
> You could have ScalarMaps of each zN to ZAxis, all with
> indentical calls to setRange(), and ScalarMaps of each zN
> to SelectRange, where the ranges for each zN are offset
> by the amount of its offset from the original terrain. This
> would produce a stack of terrain slices, one for each hydro
> layer.

Please, can you clarify that for me I have troubles visualizing that in my
head.

Thank you very much for your help.

Desiree