updated weather symbols font for VisAD

We're pleased to announce that the latest VisAD release contains an
expanded version of the wmo.jhf HersheyFont that extends the basic set
of symbols to include turbulence, icing, and most of the special symbols
from GEMPAK. Thanks to help from the Unidata Program Center and the
Aviation Weather Center.  We have also added a couple of extras, as
well: plus, minus, 'mountain obscuration', 'volcanic activity' and 'sea
spray'.

Please note that we've also changed the cloud symbols to a size more
compatible with the rest of the symbols.

Finally, Don wrote a helper class (visad.meteorology.WeatherSymbol)  to
make the needed VisADLineArrays available for easier shape manipulations
with this font. It contains methods for building arrays of these for
each type of symbol (present weather, low clouds, etc.), as well as
returning a single one for a particular code number.  Complete details
are in the javadoc.

You can see the symbol set as displayed by the 'main' method in
WeatherSymbol at:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~tomw/visadtutor/wmo.jpg

Enjoy!!

Don Murray