AW: Application performance issue

Hi Helen,

> But on Windows 2000, I always run into the problem " out of video
> memory" when I have  several display window open at sametime or resize
> the display window.  (I have 16MB video memory on my PC).

This seems to be a DirectX bug since it never appears with the OpenGL
Java3D version. So if you want to prevent this bug you have to use the
OpenGL J3D even on your win2k. The disadvantage of using OpenGL is that
it is slower than DirectX. This seems to be clear since DirectX was
developed for exclusive use with windows and OpenGL is in contrast a
cross-plattform api.

Cheers, Mathias