Re: Animation problem with newer visad.jar

  • To: Doug Lindholm <lind@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Animation problem with newer visad.jar
  • From: Bill Hibbard <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:28:23 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Doug,

The logic for merging Sets for animation is in the visad/Set.java
and the cvs log doesn't show any relevant changes. Of course, it
could be somewhere else (like Units, ShadowTyoes, etc). However,
the tests I run with every release include tests of the animation
merge logic.

You might try a different approach to your problem. Rather than
adding a dummty Set, try calling the reAutoScale() method of your
DisplayImpl. This should recompute the animation sampling. It
will also reAutoScale any ScalarMaps for which you haven't
explicitly called setRange().