Re: Multiple linked cursors ?

Hi Andy,

> I wish to have the mouse button 2 crosshair cursor tracking
> linked with multiple displays, so that when the crosshair
> cursor is active in one display, cursors are also shown at
> the corresponding points in other displays.
>
> Any ideas about how best to do this ?

The easiest way to do this with a RealTuple object linked
to multiple displays via direct manipulation DataRenderers.

visad/examples/Test00.java provides an example. The RealTuple
objects is depicted as the small purple square in the lower
left corner of bothdisplays. You can drag it with a right
mouse button click in either display.

To depict a RealTuple as a cross hair, see the two yellow
direct manipulation cursors in visad/examples/Test27.java.

The alternative is to link a DisplayListener to your
Display that listens for center mouse button DisplayEvents
and uses them to generate depictions in other displays.
This would be more work.