Re: read Data from files...

>How I can read data set (domain_typle) from a file? When I don?t use
>Linear2Dset (.. )

You can import data files from a file into VisAD with:

String filename = "myfile.gif";
DefaultFamily loader = new DefaultFamily("loader");
Data d = loader.open(filename);
// go on to analyze the data, or whatever (e.g., ref.setData(d))

If you use this code, you don't have to construct your own Set
or anything--the loader will do it for you.  However, if you
need to reorganize the layout of the data or do complex
computations with it, you'll probably still need to muck about
with the MathTypes and such.

-Curtis