RE: VisADTriangleArray

  • To: Ibrahim Z Mohammad <imohamma@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: VisADTriangleArray
  • From: Tom Whittaker <tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:24:51 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
A few additional comments. For 're-shaping' your shapes, you'll find
ScalarMap's inverseScaleValues() and scaleValues()  methods valuable.
They will allow you to redefine the shape of your in either the 'box'
coordinate or the coordindate of the ScalarMaps.  I found it most
convenient to then use the setShape(index, shape) to simply put the
modified shape back into the display.

This allows you to not only re-shape your shapes but to move them around
quickly and easily.  In the last update to the Jython-VisAD subs.py
routine, I added some convenience methods for defining and moving shapes
(but not for re-shaping).

One final note:  in one recent project I needed a filled-in triangle
that I could move and re-shape (it was defined in
latitude/longitude/elevation coordinates).  I started out using a Shape
for this, but actually ended up using an Irregular3DSet for no other
reason than it was more convenient to simply create a new Set each time
I needed to move and morph the triangle.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison