Re: spreadsheet manipulation of netcdf files

Hi Hamish,

There are no data operators built into the SpreadSheet
formulas for computing the number of values meeting certain
conditions. You could write such operators in Java and then
invoke them from SpreadSheet formulas using the "link"
operator (for the details see section of

However, what you really need is to write VisAD Python
programs. Python is great for hacking little analysis
programs, and then you can create SpreadSheet cells for
visualization right from Python. See Tom's excellent
VisAD Python tutorial at: