Re: Axis Title Overlaps Axis Tick Labels

Hi Luke-

THanks for the code.  It'll take me a little while to get
to it (tied up in meetings, proposal writing and getting
a release out), but just wanted to comment on your question.

"Luke A. Catania (TEC)" wrote:

> If it works fine or you need other things changed, I can continue to work on
> it when I have time.  As it is now it works find for my use, so I may not
> have a lot of time for additional fixes right away.  I'd would like to see
> this added to a future VisAD update once things are all ironed out, so the
> label readability of the axis labels can benefit others using the 2D
> plotting functionality.

I'll look at it when I get time and let you know if I have
questions.

> What does it mean for the side to be PRIMARY???  I do not calculate the dist
> using my offset if the side is not PRIMARY, since I did not know what that
> meant.

PRIMARY/SECONDARY has two meanings - one for the labels/titles and
one for the ticks.  For labeling/titling, the PRIMARY side would
be the left for the Y axis and the SECONDARY would the the right
side of the plot.  For the XAxis, its the top and bottom
respectively.  For ticks, it means whether they go out from the
box or point inward.  You can test this by running the ScaleTest
program in the examples.  You might run ScaleTest with your modified
version of AxisScale and see if things work in all the different
permutations you can do in that test program.  That's probably
the first thing I'll do.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm