log scale

Dear All,

My daughter is using VisAD for a high school science project. She asked me if
there is a widget that would allow her to change the scale of a plot, or
preferably, change each axis individually on a plot  from linear to log and
vice versa. I do not think that there is such a widget, but I am not sure. (I
have not used VisAD since 98).  I would appreciate if somebody could help me.

If there is no such a widget, I also would appreciate if somebody could
suggest an easy way for her to write one?

Julius Almassy