Re: Controlling or sampling display parameters in VisAD/Python

  • To: Michael Redmond <redmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Controlling or sampling display parameters in VisAD/Python
  • From: Bill Hibbard <billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:11:28 -0500 (CDT)
Hi Mike,

You get an array 'maps' of ScalarMap objects from subs.makeMaps().
After you pass these to subs.makeDisplay(), you can call
maps[i].getControl() to get various subclasses of visad.Control.
Methods of these give you control over displays. For view point,
call display.getProjectionControl() and call its setMatrix()
and getMatrix() methods.

Tom may be able to give you some shorthand methods.

Good luck, Bill