Re: Transparency Problem

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, accurate transparency rendering depends on
the triangles and other geometry being sorted dynamically
so they are rendered back-to-front. This is very difficult
and Java3D doesn't do it. When you rotate your image, you
change the rendering order relative to the front-to-back
order. Because of this, transparency has limited utility.
It works for volume rendering because VisAD stores six
different sort orders for its triangles and switches
dynamically as the user rotates.

Cheers, Bill