Re: Masking data

Hi Renaud,

We've implemented some "resolution switching" logic that enables
a display to automatically downgrade its displayed data when
the user is actively manipulating it.  When the display sits idle
for a second or two, the full-resolution version of the data gets
swapped back in.

Run "java visad.util.ResSwitcher data" where "data" is the name
of a data file you'd like to see displayed.

See visad/util/ResSwitcher.java's main() method to see how to
link a ResSwitcher object to your display.  I'm curious to hear
how well it improves performance of your large 3-D cloud data.

-Curtis