Re: visad installation

Isaac:

I would recommend against recompiling VisAD unless you have made changes
to the code.  The visad.jar file contains all the visad class files.  If
you are compiling your own Java code, however, you will need to get the
CLASSPATH "right", so...

The only thing I can see wrong is that after the three statements below
are run, the CLASSPATH will contain only "c:\JDK1.3.1", since each 'set'
replaces the previous value.  You can either:

set CLASSPATH=c:\visad;c:\visad\visad.jar;c:\jdk1.3.1

(actually, the jdk1.3.1 should not be necessary)

or you can:

set CLASSPATH=c:\visad;
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;c:\visad\visad.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;c:\jdk1.3.1

Since you are using Jython, don't forget to include the jython.jar file
in your CLASSPATH as well...

I am cc:ing the VisAD mailing list so this one makes it into the
archive, in case others have this problem.

tom

--
Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison