Re: resetting ranges of a plot space

Hi,

> Brandon Kohn wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to write a zoom function for a 2D display that will allow
> the user to define a rectangle inside the plot area and then redraw to
> this scale.  The problem is that the points are drawn outside the plot
> box after rescaling.  I know that SelectRangeWidgets perform this
> bounding functionality, but I'm having trouble figuring out how it
> actually sets the new bounds, and I'd rather not have a hidden widget
> sitting in my jframe.  Any help?

You can try clipping the display. See visad example # 34.

run with
$VISADHOME/examples/java DisplayTest 34

clip with (see code for further details)

DisplayRendererJ2D dr = (DisplayRendererJ2D
)dpys[0].getDisplayRenderer();
dr.setClip(-1.0f, 1.0f, -1.0f, 1.0f);

Rememeber, the box spans from -1 to 1. Also bear in mind that, in 3D
this looks slightly different.

Cheers,
Ugo