Re: scientific plotting applications in VisAD

Hi Tommy,

I can't speak for them, but Unidata, NCAR and the Australian Bureau
of Meteorology are both developing excellent products based on VisAD.
The Unidata products, under their Metapps project, are open source.
We are also developing a variety of environmental apps at Wisconsin,
including VisAD's Python programming interface.

I have no doubt that VisAD is the best way for you to go, joining
the collaboration. I should also include Ugo Taddie, a hydrologist
at the University of Jena, in that collaboration.