Re: newbie question

Helen,

>Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:30:37 -0400
>From: Helen Yi <y.yi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: Steve Emmerson <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>To: "visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: newbie question

> The examples/Test43.java use eitherLinear2DSet or  Gridded2DSet to create  2D
> (LengthX by LengthY) domainSet.
>
> But the lat and lon of my pixel data is not in regular order, how can I
> create a 2D domainSet?

I'm not sure what you mean by "regular order", but Gridded2DSet can
handle points that are not on an evenly-spaced lattice: it's only
necessary that their TOPOLOGY be a regular (i.e. square) lattice.

If the topology of your points do not form a regular lattice, then you
could use Irregular2DSet.  The VisAD subsystems will triangulate the
points as necessary.  There are examples of Irregular2DSet in the
examples subdirectory.

Regards,