addReference error with latest visad.jar

Now that we've got the correct path to java3d (thanks to several
people who replied) I find that something that worked with the earlier
visad.jar doesn't with the one we downloaded on Wednesday. Given
a DisplayImpl D, a DataReference R and a ConstantMap C, a call to
D.addReference(R,C) results in the following runtime error:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access field
visad.DataRenderer.enabled from class visad.java3d.RenderJ3D
at visad.java3d.RenderJ3D.setLinks(
at visad.java3d.DefaultRenderJ3D.setLinks(
at visad.DisplayImpl.addReference(