Re: VisAD Applets not redrawing after returning to page.

Hi David,

This is a known issue with VisAD applets.  Unfortunately, I do not
know of any workarounds for the problem.  You can use Javascript to
instruct the browser to open the applet in a separate browser window,
but the problem will still occur if the user closes that window and
reopens it later.

As I said in a previous email to the list:
   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/mfs/89/2860

>Unfortunately, I have not found a solution to this problem. I noticed
>the following things while experimenting:
>
>1) If you go to the Java Plug-in Console in IE, and press 'X' to clear
>   the class loader cache, then reload the applet, it works again.
>
>2) If you refresh the applet web page a few times, after a few tries
>   it will display properly again.
>
>Based on the above, my guess is that the problem stems from the Java
>Plug-in class loader, although I have no idea if any work-arounds are
>possible.

So, there is something strange about the interaction between the Java
Plug-in's class loader and VisAD that's causing the behavior.

-Curtis